[Openmcl-devel] Cocoa and other OS interfaces from OpenMCL

John Wiseman jjwiseman at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 21:29:54 PST 2004

I want to play around with Rendezvous in OpenMCL, but even after
reading a book or two on Cocoa I still feel like I'm in unfamiliar
territory.  Like, I don't even know if I should program to the Core
Foundation API or the Cocoa API.

My experiments with the Cocoa API have so far only been partially
successful--I think I need to create a NSRunLoop, but when I run it it
seems to get stuck.

Can anyone describe why one might choose between Core Foundation and
Cocoa in the context of interfacing from OpenMCL?

Thanks,
John