[Openmcl-devel] how do I debug this?

alex crain alexcrain at mail2.widgetworks.com
Thu Nov 11 20:06:06 PST 2004

>> Helpful suggestions, anyone?
>
> I'd be interested to know which thread had the bogus ALLOCPTR.  You can
> often get a strong hint of this by showing (L)isp registers and
> (R)egisters
> in the kernel debugger.  (If there -is- some sort of memory corruption,
> the kernel debugger is likely to choke trying to print lisp values, but
> it's worth a try.)

Is there any way to force the system into the kernel debugger?

I'm often finding that I'd like to debug some other thread then the one
that I have access to: typically something is goofy in a cocoa thread
but I don't have a listener there - can I drop into the kernel debugger
and look at things in the other threads? If I can and do, will I be able
to resume execution when I'm done?

:alex