[Openmcl-devel] simple newby defpackage question

Hamilton Link hamlink at comcast.net
Mon Nov 15 09:05:16 PST 2004

You can use stand-alone exportation to add new exports and the like in
files that add bits, but package dependencies and nicknames should
probably be relatively statically definable (and accrue monotonically
unless you're ripping stuff out).

Packages, imho, are there to control some of the raging fury that is a
rapid-prototyping language. If you don't know yet what depends on what
module-wise, then you should expect your package definitions to be
revisited from time to time.

Possibly you could post the problem (if there is one) that the
inability to extend a package object dynamically is causing you?