[Openmcl-devel] saving data to a fasl file

Hamilton Link helink at sandia.gov
Tue Nov 23 15:26:17 PST 2004

And let's not forget that the easiest way to put something in a fasl
file is to compile-file a lisp file with forms in it that evaluate to
what you want to save (although that means selecting variables you want
to setf to those values when the fasl is loaded back in).

I had to store some data in a reloadable format for a project (I wanted
to save some big honkin' data structures into fasl files), and I found
this approach to be the most straightforward. It has the added benefit
of being portable.