[Openmcl-devel] defloadvar and def-ccl-pointers

Alan Ruttenberg alanr-l at mumble.net
Fri Nov 26 19:06:59 PST 2004

When you are going to do a save-application and you need to
reinitialize a variable when the lisp image starts again. For instance
you might open a stream to a log file in your defvar. When you save a
lisp image and exit, that stream gets closed. When the lisp application
you saved starts again, if you try to write to the closed stream, you
get an error.  Same deal if you allocate some non-lisp memory structure
for use with a system call. In these cases use defloadvar and the
variable initialization forms are run again when the lisp image
restarts.

-Alan