[Openmcl-devel] lambda-gtk (at) common-lisp.net

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Tue Nov 30 09:23:54 PST 2004

Rick Taube wrote:

> [Apologies for the multi-list posting; no further announcements will
> be sent]
>
> Thanks to the friendly folks at common-lisp.net, the lambda-gtk code
> now has a home:
>
> http://common-lisp.net/project/lambda-gtk/

Rick,

Nice. Gtk is busting out all over, it seems. :)

fwiw, vasilis margioulas sent me a fairly complete CLisp+Gtk package
which I am converting to use UFFI. This turns out to be a bit of a
comedown for the package, since CLisp handles a few things much more
capably than UFFI (which I realize must restrict itself to the common
denominator of functionality across the supported underlying FFIs).

The examples vasilis did are fairly extensive, but they all use my Cells
package. The FFI work per se of course is independent of Cells.

The original pure-CLisp package is here:

http://common-lisp.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/cell-cultures/cells-gtk-root/?cvsroot=cells

I have tested on win xp, and Vasilis tested on one or two *nix.

The UFFI port is running (roughly) on win xp under Allegro.

btw, lambda-gtk is the first look I have had at ffigen. Looks great.
I'll have to give it a try soon.

cheers, kt

--
Cells? Cello? Celtik?: http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells/