[Openmcl-devel] Bootstrapping problem 0.14.2-dev

Peter Bengtson peter at peterbengtson.com
Fri Oct 1 02:42:36 PDT 2004

 From reading the archives, it seems that sometimes the CVS
bleeding-edge version is able to build itself, and sometimes not. Does
anybody know if it indeed _is_ capable of building itself at this time?

I have downloaded all the most recent stuff through CVS, installed the
latest kernel from /testing, added the most recent headers, but when I
do

	cd lisp-kernel/darwing
	make clean
	make
	openmcl
	(ccl:x-load-level-0 :force)
	(ccl:compile-ccl t)

I get

	;Compiling "/Users/pjotr/lisp/ccl/lib/eval.lisp"...
	> Error in process listener(1): Wrong PFSL version.
	> While executing: %FASLOAD

Which seems to indicate that the fasl files OpenMCL produces can't be
read by the very same version of OpenMCL.

Have I misunderstood something/made a horrible mistake somewhere?

Thanks for any pointers/ideas/advice.

	/ Peter Bengtson