[Openmcl-devel] Bootstrapping problem 0.14.2-dev

Peter Bengtson peter at peterbengtson.com
Fri Oct 1 04:59:25 PDT 2004

2004-10-01 kl. 13.16 skrev Gary Byers:

> What does the "Welcome ..." banner say ? (or, if you'd prefer, what
> does LISP-IMPLEMENTATION-VERSION say) ?

Version (Beta: Darwin) 0.14.2-040408

> I -think- that an 0.14.2-p1 image should compile and bootstrap the
> current sources, but I haven't tried in a while.  I did put a more
> recent image in the testing directory a moment ago:
>
> <ftp://clozure.com/pub/testing/dppccl-image-040925.tar.gz>
>
> I don't think that things are as deeply out-of-synch between the
> released binaries and the bleeding-edge sources as they sometimes
> have been, but I think that the image above should compile those
> sources without scary-looking warnings.

The new image's (l-i-v) says "Version (Beta: Darwin) 0.14.2-040925)".
It then immediately produced a fasload error, so rather than trying to
unravel which compiled files to remove, I scrapped the entire ccl
directory and downloaded everything afresh.

Everything compiled perfectly after that.

Many thanks, Gary!

	/ Peter