[Openmcl-devel] sharing data between fortran and OpenMCL

Hamilton Link hamlink at comcast.net
Fri Oct 1 21:00:52 PDT 2004

> If you find yourself asking "why don't most lisps just do
> memory management like C does?" ... well, that's a legitimate
> question, but...

It's a legitimate question, but... you might as well ask why lisp is an
OO language instead of a structured language. Built-in memory
management is a language feature, Lisp has it and ML and Java and a
slew of other languages have it. C doesn't, but it's not an OO language
either, nor does it have incremental compilation. It's a statically
typed, statically compiled structured programming language (if you're
more polite than I am -- I usually just call it a trumped-up portable
assembly language).