[Openmcl-devel] mop issue

marco mb at bese.it
Sat Oct 2 06:41:19 PDT 2004

i originally thought this was a miss understanding on my part, but
sbcl and cmucl both deal with this code without a hitch.

(in-package :common-lisp-user)

(defclass kclass (standard-class)
  ())

(defmethod mopp:validate-superclass ((sub kclass) (super standard-class))
  t)

(defclass super ()
  ()
  (:metaclass kclass))

(defmethod mopp:compute-class-precedence-list ((class kclass))
  (let ((cpl (call-next-method))
        (super-cpl (mopp:class-precedence-list (find-class 'super))))
    (if (member (find-class 'super) cpl)
        cpl
        (append (remove-if (lambda (class) (member class super-cpl)) cpl)
                super-cpl))))

(defclass foo ()
  ()
  (:metaclass kclass))

(defclass bar (foo)
  ()
  (:metaclass kclass))

when attempting to define the BAR class i get an "Inconsistent
superclasses for #<KCLASS BAR>" error. i think the issue in in
ccl::compute-cpl, but my understanding of the MOP (and in particular
openmcl's implementation) is way to weak to figure out what's wrong.

--
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.