[Openmcl-devel] Emacs, anyone?

Pascal J.Bourguignon pjb at informatimago.com
Sun Oct 17 21:30:35 PDT 2004

alex crain writes:

> I'm working my way through the hemlock commands and I'm putting
> together a new set of bindings to match the standard emacs set so
> that I stop driving myself crazy bouncing between the two editors.
>
> Question - should emacs bindings just be the default? I'm thinking
> that it's far more likely that a user will be familiar with emacs then
> traditional hemlock.
>
> Comments encouraged.

Perhaps, like style sheets or themes present a user selectable _look_,
you could set up something that would allow the user to select a _feel_.

Of course, there are a lot of bindings that are specific to the modes,
and we can't expect all modes to provide the same sets of binding
variants.

But for the global and packages modes, you could have hemlock-classic
and emacs-like binding sets and allow for other user-defined binding
sets.

binding sets?
binding themes?
binding schemes?
binding variants?
--

Voting Democrat or Republican is like choosing a cabin in the Titanic.