[Openmcl-devel] persistant objects

alex crain alexcrain at mail2.widgetworks.com
Sat Sep 11 20:44:58 PDT 2004

I'm looking at putting together a documentation library for openmcl.

I have some documentation parsed from CLTL where everything looks like
this:

(set-documentation 'functionp
"(functionp  obj) -> boolean
function

Given an object obj , functionp tests whether the obj is a (generic)
function. If the test is satisfied, it returns t, otherwise it returns
nil.

Example:
             (functionp  (function car)) => t

Function bindings are entities established during execution of a
prepared labels form, or established by a function defining form.  A
function binding is an association between an identifier fun and a
function object which is denoted by fun -if in functor position- or by
(function fun) elsewhere.")

and I'm wondering what is the best way to add it to the system.
It would be simple enough to parse it into a proper form for
OpenMCLs set-documentation and then just dump it with the
rest of the code, but it might be better to set up some kind of
persistent object that can be linked in directly and easily
extended to include extra packages.

Any suggestions?

:alex

fyi: I'm not 100% certain of the origins of the data. I *think* that I
parsed
the text to CLTL about 10 years ago, but it may have come from something
else. I certainly looks like generic CL documentation to me.