[Openmcl-devel] more openmcl foreign ptr access issues

Cyrus Harmon ch-openmcl at bobobeach.com
Mon Sep 13 12:33:12 PDT 2004

Ok, hot on the heels of figuring out how to get the MOP stuff to DWIM,
now I'm trying (unsuccessfully, of course) to get access to foreign
data using pref.

Everything works fine if I do:

	(pref (foreign-ptr instance) :v<I>mage_<B>uffer.height))

But if I try to do:

	(pref (foreign-ptr instance) (slot-definition-foreign-field slotd))

(where the slot-def call is doing the right thing), I fail miserably.
This sounds like the allocate-record I had a couple weeks back and is
most likely a symptom of the same misunderstanding of how to properly
use the interface database. But, in any event, I still feel like this
is a reasonable thing to do. Anyway to have a call to pref determine
the field name at runtime or am I out of luck here?

Thanks,

Cyrus