[Openmcl-devel] Re: docs and docs and docs (4 things)

Dan Knapp dankna at accela.net
Tue Sep 14 18:05:45 PDT 2004

   Those rough edges are now taken care of.  I've actually changed all
the terminal command
boxes, to make them consistent with other chapters, since I already
went through some time
ago and made everything else all match up.

   Oh, it's not that I took that "ouch" as a criticism, no worries.  I
was more trying to jokingly
acknowledge that it was something remaining to do.  I saw 'em some time
ago, but, for
some reason, didn't have them on my list...  And I agree, they should
be absorbed into the
site.  The example programs should also be described on the site.

   To simplify the task of the IDE docs-browser, it would be possible to
have DocBook
export a file of cross-references, so the IDE could jump to the page
defining a symbol
without having to extract the information itself.  That's something
I've been wanting to do
for a while, but there are issues in the build process to be smoothed
over, first; I don't want
the docs build to suddenly take half an hour...  Anyhow, let me know
when the IDE gets
to the point of being able to make use of such a thing.

-- Dan Knapp