[Openmcl-devel] CVS help

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at mac.com
Sun Sep 19 15:59:57 PDT 2004

I've been trying unsuccessfully to check out the latest bleeding edge
(ccl-0.14-dev) sources from CVS for about half an hour now. I've
followed the instructions given on the web site. I've followed the
instructions given for the temporary access.

What exactly is the command line I must enter to checkout or update my
sources to the latest version. I'd prefer to update - I've downloaded
and decompressed the latest archive
(openmcl-darwinppc-all-0.14.2-p1.tar.gz) and would simply like to do a
cvs update so that I can build from the latest sources.

I've been trying (after logging in):

cvs -d :pserver:cvs at clozure.com:/usr/local/tmpcvs/ccl-0.14-dev update
ccl

but I consistently get the error (no, thats not me pasting the same
text over and over - this is how the message reads):

Protocol error: 'Directory' missingE Protocol error: 'Directory'
missingE Protocol error: 'Directory' missingE Protocol error:
'Directory' missingE protocol error: directory
'/usr/local/tmpcvs/ccl-0.14/ccl' not within root
'/usr/local/tmpcvs/ccl-0.14-dev'

If I try:
cvs -d :pserver:cvs at clozure.com:/usr/local/tmpcvs/ccl-0.14-dev co ccl

I get this error:
? .DS_Store
? backtrace.nib
? .DS_Store
? PPC64
protocol error: directory '/usr/local/tmpcvs/ccl-0.14/ccl' not within
root '/usr/local/tmpcvs/ccl-0.14-dev'

What exactly is the incantation to (preferably) update sources to the
latest bleeding-edge version?

BTW, the web interface doesn't work either - clicking on "download
tarball" downloads an archive which, when expanded is only partial
(i.e., lots of the directory contents are missing).

Thanks in advance for any help,

Ralph

Raffael Cavallaro, Ph.D.
raffaelcavallaro at mac.com