[Openmcl-devel] Compiling bleeding-edge on Mac OS X 10.3

Peter Bengtson peter at peterbengtson.com
Thu Sep 30 10:13:38 PDT 2004

I'm trying to compile the bleeding-edge version on a Mac PowerBook
running the latest version of OS X. Everything is newly installed and
up-to-date, nothing special has been done. Single 1.5GHz G4. Standard
developer's tools installed.

I have followed the instructions meticulously, but when I get to

	cd lisp-kernel/darwin
	make clean
	make

the make is interrupted at the following point:

ld  -arch ppc -dynamic  -o ../../dppccl -e start -seg1addr 0x00003000
-sectalign __TEXT __text 0x1000 -pagezero_size 0x3000 spjump.o
spentry.o  subprims.o  imports.o pmcl-kernel.o gc.o bits.o
lisp-exceptions.o thread_manager.o lisp-debug.o image.o asmutils.o
lispdcmd.o plprint.o plsym.o plbt.o ppc_print.o   -lcrt1.o -lcc_dynamic
-lSystem
ld: can't locate file for: -lcrt1.o

So it seems that libcrt1.o can't be found. Am I overlooking something
obvious? I have RTFM, but to no avail. Pardon in advance if this is the
wrong place to ask for guidance.

	/ Peter Bengtson