[Openmcl-devel] Openmcl and Tiger

Lawrence E. Bakst ml at iridescent.org
Thu Apr 7 17:57:27 PDT 2005

When TIger is released, what will be the status of Openmcl?

As I think most people know, Tiger is widely rumored to have gone GM
and will probably be released this month. As soon as Tiger is
released, I plan on upgrading.

 From Gary's previous post it seems like Openmcl might not yet be
working under Tiger.

Could we get please get some clarification?

I would think that getting something up and running under Tiger
should be a high priority. If the Cocoa stuff takes longer because of
GCC and other changes fine, but a new dppccl and interface database
would be much appreciated.

As far as developer NDAs are concerned, it's important to take those
seriously. However, like most NDAs you aren't bound to keep private
information that has become public. Given that Apple now has detailed
white papers on Spotlight and Dashboard as well as significant
information on the public part of the developer web site, I don't
think talking about getting an application (Openmcl) running on TIger
is really violating any confidentiality, unless there was some kind
of detailed developer only information revealed.

http://images.apple.com/macosx/tiger/pdf/Spotlight_Tech_Preview_20050111.pdf

http://images.apple.com/macosx/tiger/pdf/Dashboard_Tech_Preview_20050111.pdf

http://developer.apple.com/

Best,