[Openmcl-devel] Re: Read operation to unmapped address 0x00000020

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Sun Apr 10 11:58:24 PDT 2005

["spamassasin" didn't like the original message (something to do with
the IP address being on a spam blacklist).   Sorry.]

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Marco Baringer wrote:

> i'm working on a simple multithread http server. every now and then,
> with enough concurrent accesses, i end up in the kernel debugger with
> this error:
>
> Read operation to unmapped address 0x00000020
>
> the address is always the same, everything else looks different (not
> that i can make much sense of it). does that address mean anything to
> anyone?

It's 32 (#x20) bytes from 0, suggesting that some code somewhere is
indirecting (trying to reference a structure field) through a NULL pointer

> p.s. - i saved a copy of the output of the backtrace and the registers
> if they can help.

Yes, I'd be interested in seeing this if you still have it.