[Openmcl-devel] 0.14.3 error

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Tue Apr 12 23:34:15 PDT 2005

Sorry for not replying earlier.  This message was stuck in the mailing list's
"held for approval" queue - along with a few thousand pieces of spam - for
a little too long.

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Richard Newman wrote:

> Hi,
>    I've installed and re-installed from Fink, and I'm having a very odd
> problem with the Cocoa integration.
>
> (require 'cocoa)
>
> (or any of the dependent ones, like cocoa-application) throws me into
> the kernel debugger. The culprit seems to be objc-support:
>
> ? (require 'objc-support)
> Unhandled exception 11 at 0x999b1290, context->regs at #xf01354a8
> Read operation to unmapped address 0x00000000
>   In foreign code at address 0x999b1290
> ? for help
> [8751] OpenMCL kernel debugger:
>
>    Specifically, the call (require "BRIDGE") seems to be the problem.
>
>    Any ideas? I've rebuilt the package from source and it's still
> misbehaving.
>
>    Cheers,
> -Richard

I just upgraded Fink to unstable and installed the Fink OpenMCL 0.14.3-1
package; it had no problem with

? (require "COCOA")

under 10.3.6.

When you get thrown into the kernel debugger, what does (B)acktrace say about
how you got there ?