[Openmcl-devel] Re: Read operation to unmapped address 0x00000020

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Wed Apr 13 00:22:46 PDT 2005

Gary Byers <gb at clozure.com> writes:

> There -were- some changes in how some of this stuff works in 0.14.3,
> and there was a bug in 0.14.2-p1 that could cause WAIT-ON-SEMAPHORE
> to think that it had been interrupted when it had actually timed out
> (if it got interrupted, but didn't return control until it would have
> timed out anyway, it's probably more accurate to say that it timed
> out.)

well, another problem i've been getting (which i thought was
unrelated) could be explaind by wait-on-semaphore returning before it
should.

> I can't promise that upgrading to 0.14.3 will fix the problem, because
> I don't understand enough about the problem.

that makes two of us :)

> If it's possible for you to send me the code, I'll try to look at it
> under GDB.

i'll send the code, but my current test case is pretty big. i'll see
if 0.14.3 fixs things first, should that fail i'll try and create a
small test case.