[Openmcl-devel] "potential numbers" as symbol names

Hamilton Link helink at sandia.gov
Wed Apr 20 11:21:11 PDT 2005

The token 3 is a potential number and as far as I can tell shouldn't be
a legit symbol. If the 3 is escaped, then it becomes the legit symbol
\3. In fact openmcl does accept :\3 as a keyword.

See 2.3.4 "Symbols as Tokens" in the hyperspec.
http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Body/02_cd.htm