[Openmcl-devel] OpenMCL and Tiger status

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Wed Apr 27 15:30:35 PDT 2005

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Timothy Moore wrote:

> On Apr 27, 2005, at 10:04 PM, Gary Byers wrote:

>>> Is it safe to assume that 0.14.4 will continue to function under Panther?
>>
>> Yes, though I think that it's likely that Jaguar might move into the
>> "it's a pleasant surprise if everything works" category.
>>
> Speaking of that, is there a binary download of OpenMCL that works on Jaguar?
> I'd like to install it for a student of mine.
>
> Tim

0.14.3 still runs under Jaguar (I just tried.)  Rebuilding the kernel
fails (because of some header file problem; I hadn't tried that before.)
I checked a fix into the main CVS tree.

0.14.4 might not (I haven't checked to see if anything I've done recently
might break under Jaguar.)

The new interface translator is based on GCC 4.0; I'm not sure if it's
possible to build GCC 4.0 under Jaguar, or if a binary buit on Panther
or later will run under Jaguar (it may need a more modern C library
than Jaguar provides.)

I'll try to test things under Jaguar before releasing 0.14.4; if I can
catch little things like the missing header file issue, I'll try to do
so (and it might indeed be a pleasant surprise if most things work.)