[Openmcl-devel] OpenMCL right choice for PPC Linux?

Gail Zacharias gz at clozure.com
Mon Aug 29 05:00:43 PDT 2005

We (Clozure) are committed to OpenMCL's future, but to remain a viable
business, we have to give priority to paid projects.  This means that
OpenMCL will primarily develop in those directions that our paying clients
need and pay for - whether directly (by funding some specific OpenMCL
development) or indirectly (by buying support and development for their
application that requires us to improve OpenMCL as a side-effect).  Areas
that do not have funding can only be supported on a volunteer or spare
time basis, which will necessarily be slower and more spotty.

So the answer is the same for PPC architecture, Linux, the OpenMCL IDE
and anything else - the honest answer is yes if there are clients willing
to pay for it, otherwise - maybe.  If you have a funded project, you can
ensure OpenMCL will continue to meet your needs by writing OpenMCL support
into your budget/grant.

Gail Zacharias
gz at clozure.com
www.clozure.com