[Openmcl-devel] openmcl 1.0 vs. GUI
gekki_uk at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 29 19:58:56 UTC 2005
On 29/8/05 01:11, "alex crain" <alexcrain at mail.widgetworks.com> wrote:
> Without putting too much of a point on it, my #1 problem with the GUI
> project is the level feedback that I've received.
> None. Nada. Nothing. Zip.
> For anyone how is interested - http://ren.widgetworks.com/~alex/ccl-
OK, I downloaded it, and ran it - not much more than kicking the tires, but
still, I've got the following comments.
* I wasn't keen on having to run with the disk image mounted, in order to
get it to run. Seg faults if you don't.
* I've only got an iBook 800, and it's pretty slow to start. Once started
it's not that bad.
* good enough interaction with the keyboard, I'm not sure I type as fast as
* I've used hemlock before with CMUCL so the keybindings weren't so much of
* I did notice that the window kept setting and clearing the indicator on
the close icon to say that the window contents had changed.
* It's possible to quit without having saved your fires, I'm assuming this
is because the contents changed indicator is cleared
Overall I think it's a good start. Bit rough round the edges, but overall a
pretty good starting point for developing.
More information about the Openmcl-devel