[Openmcl-devel] CVS breaks Slime?

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Tue Aug 30 23:44:05 PDT 2005

The semaphore fix that Derrick's referring to was checked into bleeding-edge
CVS a few hours ago.

Another change that was checked in about a week ago caused
CCL:WAIT-ON-SEMAPHORE to return prematurely on some Linux systems (those
whose C/threads libraries contain the bug described in:
<http://carcino.gen.nz/tech/linux/glibc_sem_timedwait_errors.php>
); SLIME complained loudly about this, and other things may have
silently failed.