[Openmcl-devel] Fwd: FFI stuff, C++, wxWidgets

Brent Fulgham bfulg at pacbell.net
Wed Dec 21 15:36:20 PST 2005

--- Hamilton Link <hamlink at cs.unm.edu> wrote:
> What I'm suggesting is that the openmcl IDE be
> rewritten on top of a GUI library that ports readily
> Linux and OS X with native look and feel, and
wxWidgets looks
> like a strong candidate.

The most interesting cross-platform GUI toolkit I've
seen
lately (aside from the ubiquitous Qt and wxWindows) is
a new
offering from Adobe, the "Adobe Source Libraries"
(http://opensource.adobe.com/).  I'm not sure which
products
they use this toolkit in, but it sports native look
and feel
on Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows, and it is especially
compelling
because it is done as a DSL for GUI display (see
http://opensource.adobe.com/group__asl__overview.html
for details).

Unfortunately, this is another C++ product, but it
might be
a good long-term solution (and as a bonus, more
esthetically
pleasing).

-Brent