[Openmcl-devel] DeLurking...

Dan Knapp dankna at accela.net
Fri Feb 4 16:56:46 PST 2005

> So, I'm interested in writing applications for OS X in
> Lisp, but I'm not sure what resources are out there
> for picking this up.  The Bosco framework looks
> promising, but perhaps there are better choices.

   Well, to write native apps you'll need to learn the Cocoa API, if you
aren't already familiar with it from other languages.  These items in
the docs are essential:

10. The Objective-C Bridge
http://www.openmcl.com/Doc/ch10.html

11. Using OpenMCL with Mac OS X, the Darwin Kernel,  and the Cocoa GUI
API
http://www.openmcl.com/Doc/ch11.html

11.5. Recommended Reading
http://www.openmcl.com/Doc/ch11s05.html

   Bah; once again I am reminded that there is still no way to make a
permanent link to a chapter or section in the docs, which will still
work
after a renumbering.  Oh well.  I haven't renumbered in a while
anyway.

> Also, do any of the OpenMCL intelligencia reachable
> via IRC or similar?

   AIM: DanielNKnapp

   I'm not necessarily the best able to help, but feel free to message
me.

-- Dan Knapp