[Openmcl-devel] threads and special variables

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Wed Jan 12 16:14:31 PST 2005

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, bryan o'connor wrote:

> > (make-process "test" :initial-bindings '(???))
>
> (let ((p (make-process "test" :initial-bindings '((*var* . 1) (*param*
> . 2)))))
>    (process-preset p #'test)
>    (process-enable p))
>
> it seems to me that you should be able to do this in one step
> using process-run-function, but i think there might be some
> funkiness in the arg processing.

(process-run-function
   (list :name "test" :initial-bindings '((*var* . 1)(*param* . 2)))
    #'test)

(I don't remember why it's necessary to pass the keyword arg :NAME
to an intermediate function so that it can pass it as a required arg
to MAKE-PROCESS; there may be a good reason for this, but it's easy
to forget the keyword.)