[Openmcl-devel] threads and special variables

Dan Knapp dankna at accela.net
Thu Jan 13 18:20:40 PST 2005

> OK, I'll give it a bump in priority. Thanks for the interest.
>
> I don't know anything about CL-SDL. If you look at the rubix example
> in the examples directory in openmcl, you'll see the most
> sophisticated thing I've translated into openmcl from my C++
> experimentation with OpenGL.

   The Rubix example uses the Cocoa interface to OpenGL, right?

   The last time I looked at CL-SDL, it was working, but all but
unmaintained.  I've heard that
the situation has improved, though.  I haven't tried it with Openmcl.
If you do, David, tell us
how it goes.

> There's also a web site that has a completely elephantine collection
> of OpenGL tutorials and demos, and the tutorials have been translated
> into a number of programming languages (I am copying the dev list on
> this since cocoa+openmcl would be interesting to add, for anyone who
> wants a large graphics-related lisp project to do in their spare
> time). If anyone is interested check out http://nehe.gamedev.net

   The first few Nehe tutorials have been translated to CL-SDL, as well,
and can be found in
the CL-SDL distro.  They're probably simple enough that it's just as
easy to start from the C
versions, but I mention it in case it's useful to anybody.

-- Dan Knapp