[Openmcl-devel] Finding the CDB interface files

David Steuber david at david-steuber.com
Tue Jan 25 09:55:19 PST 2005

On Jan 23, 2005, at 6:51 PM, Gary Byers wrote:
>> This is in aid of being able to use agl.h along with AGL.framework
>> without killing my fingers typing huge amounts of FFI code.
>> QuickTime.framework is in the future as well if I get that far.
>>

> You really should be able to do this more easily.
>
> As an experiment, I just tried taking 10 minutes away from my other
> job on a Sunday afternoon.  There are archives containing AGL and
> QT interfaces on the FTP server; so far, the earth hasn't started
> spinning off its axis.

Thanks for taking the time to put those archives on your FTP server.  I
was able to find it and get them.  Orbital mechanics are still holding.

In an earlier mail you said that #$ should work for #defined constants
in the form

#define <name> <expression>

Perhaps I was doing something wrong, but this did not work for me:

CL-USER> (open-shared-library
"/System/Library/Frameworks/AGL.framework/AGL")
#<SHLIB /System/Library/Frameworks/AGL.framework/AGL #x6493426>
CL-USER> #$AGL_NONE
; Evaluation aborted
CL-USER> #$_AGL_NONE
; Evaluation aborted
CL-USER> #$AGL_COLORMAP_TRACKING
; Evaluation aborted

AGL and OpenGL have a lot of #define stuff which is what concerns me
the most.  I would like to create a Lisp file that has something like
this in it:

(in-package "AGL")
(defconstant +colormap-tracking+ 210  "Enable or disable colormap
tracking")

CL-SDL has a lot of stuff like this in its opengl.lisp file.  What I
want to do is create an abstraction layer between OpenMCL's FFI and my
code so that my code can work directly in an application that uses
CL-SDL.  I don't want to use CL-SDL itself because there is stuff I
don't need in there and I also don't want to drag in UFFI.

I hope this doesn't all sound too crazy.