[Openmcl-devel] Porting the OpenMCL Compiler

Hamilton Link helink at sandia.gov
Thu Jul 7 09:11:38 PDT 2005

As far as register usage goes, and in particular the number of
immediates vs. caller-save vs. callee-save etc. registers, how much of
that could be parameterized (vs. having to be written in an
architecture-specific portion of the back end) if the compiler back end
was revised to be more cleanly separated from the compiler front end?
Just curious, since we've idly talked about separating syntax tree
manipulation from register allocation and code generation.