[Openmcl-devel] Re: Threads want *terminal-io*, but do nothing once they get it.

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Mon Jul 18 03:10:06 PDT 2005

Christian Nybø <chr at nybo.no> writes:

> On Jun 22, 2005, at 11:34, Christian Nybø wrote:
>
>> > Break in process slave(3115): Expected newpos to be 9, fd is at 2048
>> > While executing: "Unknown"
>>

>> ;;;
>> ;;; #<PROCESS slave(3115) [Active] #x68BAB2E> requires access to
>> Shared Terminal Input
>> ;;;
>>
>> ()
>> NIL
>> ? (:y 3115)
>> ?
>>
>> Should it not give me a debugger prompt here?
>
> I guess I could add some context to the question above.
> I run slime 1.2.1, openmcl 0.14.3, xemacs 21.4.
>
> A thread hangs, and has output a message like the above in the
> *inferior-lisp* buffer.
> With slime, I was wondering what am I supposed to do to get to the
> debugger that's waiting in the process slave(3115)?

does slime's thread selector not work here? M-x slime-list-threads and
then hit d on the specific thread should through pop up an sldb buffer
(there will be 10 or 15 spurious extra frames at the top of the stack
before the 'real' error).

otherwise i would look into these functions (as opposed to changing
the definiton of :y): (swank:revert-global-io-redirection) this will
undo slime's connection modificiations and
(swank:globally-redirect-io-to-connection (swank:default-connection))
will redo it.

--
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.