[Openmcl-devel] "leaking" call-method

Hamilton Link helink at sandia.gov
Thu Jun 2 08:53:55 PDT 2005

I'd be a little surprised if this could be made to work without major
kludges, unless you constrain your use more fully (and possibly not
even then).

Can you live with
- only doing call/cc in the context of a generic function you've
created with that in mind?
- not having around methods wrapping calls to call/cc?

Say I've written some methods using standard method combination, and
you want to override a primary and do this. By the time you're in your
method that uses call/cc there will already be someone who's planning
to call those after methods. And I suspect there'd be no way of
grabbing the remaining bits of any around methods that are on the stack
(short of "real" call/cc support).

More than likely you've already thought of this, I just wanted to check
before I thought about the wrong solution.