[Openmcl-devel] Apple to switch to Intel - what does this portend?

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Mon Jun 6 08:08:15 PDT 2005

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Richard Newman wrote:

> There was discussion about this last night on #lisp.
> If it does, then it's a bad thing for OpenMCL's internals. Switching to
> targeting x86 is a lot of work that's unlikely to be done.

If this is in reference to dsteuber's assertions (I could find nothing
else in the logs), then I for one would prefer to hear it from an actual
OpenMCL hacker before believing such claims: there is a Sparc backend
already, after all.

Cheers,

  -- Nikodemus                  "Portability is in the eye of the porter."