[Openmcl-devel] porting BKNR to openmcl

Tiarnán Ó Corráin ocorrain at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 30 05:21:01 PDT 2005

Hi--

I'm making some progress on my (recently resumed) port of BKNR to
openmcl. I'm running into problems and getting this wonderful error
message:

"The value NIL, derived from the initform NIL, can not be used to set
the value of the slot DESTROYED-P in #<GORILLA #x673FB76>, because it
is not of type NIL.
   [Condition of type CCL::BAD-SLOT-TYPE-FROM-INITFORM]"

I think it is triggered by the following, which attempts to add a new
slot to an indexed-class.

(defmethod compute-slots ((class indexed-class))
  (let* ((normal-slots (call-next-method)))
    (let ((destroyed-p-slot #.`(make-instance 'index-effective-slot-definition
				:name 'destroyed-p
				:initform nil
				:class class
				#+(or cmu openmcl)
				,@'(:readers nil :writers nil)
				:initfunction #'(lambda () nil)
				)))
      (cons destroyed-p-slot normal-slots))))

Can anyone see anything fishy about the above? The "cons" at the end
seems bizarre to me, but I'm no expert.

thanks

--
Tiarnán