[Tiarnán Ó Corráin] Re: [Openmcl-devel] porting BKNR to openmcl

Tiarnán Ó Corráin ocorrain at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 30 09:30:29 PDT 2005

Gary Byers <gb at clozure.com> writes:

>> That probably doesn't matter; effective-slot-definition objects don't
> get initialized correctly unless the :TYPE initarg is explicitly
> specified.  That's a bug.

Do you mean a bug in the bknr code?

>> (The slot-definition object winds up with a
> type of NIL, which leads to the error you encountered.)

Should I give it an explicit type, by supplying one in the
make-instance call?

(Just fishing for suggestions as to where to go from here.) I see from
the documentation that the system works on cmu,  and allegro -- does
OpenMCL's implementation of the MOP differ significantly from those?

--
Tiarnán