[Openmcl-devel] Transfer the contents of a file to a tcp stream

Daniel Barlow dan at telent.net
Wed May 4 10:10:03 PDT 2005

rm at fabula.de writes:

> probably make a lot of perceptable difference. Hmm, once you start serving
> lot's of images, then i'd worry. But Lispers probably don't server porn :-/

They might not serve it, but some of them are indexing it ;-)

    I should also add that what lisp is used for on booble is pretty
    simple- could have been done with any scripting language- but it
    is so clear in lisp- it is really so much nicer than it would have
    been in any other language... when you occasionally have to deal
    with 5 million visitors a day, that helps... wish I had written
    the whole damned thing in lisp from the get go....

                   "boobleman", http://lemonodor.com/archives/000950.html

-dan