[Openmcl-devel] Transfer the contents of a file to a tcp stream

Christian Nybø chr at nybo.no
Thu May 5 15:47:49 PDT 2005

On May 5, 2005, at 22:55, Gary Byers wrote:

[On my crude measuring of http performance on a loopback interface..]

> This may be too small a sample to draw many conclusions from, but it
> looks like a few very bad transfer rates (1.44 !) may have skewed
> things significantly.  I'd expect this case to be a little slower
> than the others, but it's hard to see why there'd be as much variance
> as there seems to be.

These "measurements" were done while running safari, x11, xemacs/slime
etc. And I downloaded the file to the same disk as it was served from.

Running wget on another mac gave even readings around 6MB/s for both
apache and cl servers, then it's 100bit ethernet limiting the transfer
speed, I guess.
--
chr