[Openmcl-devel] dfsl/foreign function oddities

David Steuber david at david-steuber.com
Fri May 13 17:11:36 PDT 2005

On May 13, 2005, at 10:07 AM, Chris Curtis wrote:

> I suspect that this might have something to do with the fact that
> __CFStringMakeConstantString is not officially a published API, since
> it's the only function that gets this error. I'm just not
> knowledgeable enough about the guts of the #_ interface to even know
> where to start.

Just an FYI for Chris and anyone else interested,
__CFStringMakeConstantString is the macro expansion of the C macro
CFSTR.  There are a few places in the Carbon APIs where Apple has used
C macros for convenience "functions".  I've had better luck using the
macro expansions since there are no macros exported by the framework
libraries.  It's something of a nuisance that Apple's documentation
generally doesn't tell you that function foo is really a macro.