[Openmcl-devel] Application bundles and the interface database

Tord Kallqvist Romstad romstad at math.uio.no
Thu Oct 27 14:27:03 PDT 2005

Gary Byers <gb at clozure.com> writes:

> So, if you can use the CCLDefaultDirectory/RESET-CCL-DIRECTORY
> mechanism, you could (for instance) install darwin-headers/cocoa/*.cdb
> in YourApp.app/Contents/Resources/, set the "CCLDefaultDirectory"
> key in the Info.plist file to "Contents/Resources/", and (knock wood)
> that should enable the lisp to find the .cdb files.

Thanks!  I had some success doing this.  At least the application now
crashes slightly later during the initialisation process.  Immediately
after startup, it loads several .dfsl files.  It crashes during my
first Objective-C class definition:

(defclass application-controller (ns:ns-object)
  ()
  (:metaclass ns:+ns-object))

While trying to load this top-level form, I get:

> Error: Class #<A Mac Pointer #xA28816FC> isn't recognized.
> While executing: CANONICALIZE-REGISTERED-METACLASS

> (The next step, I guess, is to try to determine why it wants them
> at runtime ...)

Could this be because I load .dfsl files containing Objc classes and
methods at runtime?

--
Tord Romstad