[Openmcl-devel] Compiling: Interface Signature Needed

David L. Rager ragerdl at cs.utexas.edu
Mon Sep 12 11:10:17 PDT 2005

Hello All,

So I've downloaded the bleeding edge sources into ~/openmcl-cvs-dev,
untar'd the current image and darwin interfaces using the instructions
on the website. Since I am making progress in my compilation, I believe
the image and darwin decompression to be correct. Somehow I need to sign
the darwin files perhaps?

Here is a script of what I've effectively typed:

cd ~/openmcl-cvs-dev
tar xvzf openmcl-darwin-interfaces-040505.tar.gz
tar xvzf dppccl-image-050906a.tar.gz
cd ccl/lisp-kernel/darwin
make clean
make
cd ../..
scripts/openmcl
(xload-level-0)

At which point I get:
? (xload-level-0)
Can't find #P"ccl:xdump;xppcfasload.dfsl" so requiring
"ccl:xdump;xppcfasload.lisp" instead
 > Error in process listener(1): Error in interface file at
"ccl:darwin-headers;libc;records.cdb": Missing interface file
signature.  Obsolete version?
 > While executing: ERROR-WITH-CDB
 > Type :POP to abort.
Type :? for other options.
1 >

Would someone mind please pointing me to the error of my ways?

Thanks,
David