[Openmcl-devel] Is this an OpenMCL 'problem'?

Phil pbpublist at comcast.net
Thu Apr 6 23:22:59 PDT 2006

I had created a method via define-objc-method for an NSTableView and
then proceeded to return the wrong data type (i.e. it was declared as
returning an id and had mistakenly returned an int.)  Not a big deal to
fix but I was surprised to see Slime hang when the method was called.
When I re-ran the offending code directly in an OpenMCL session, I
discovered why: MCL had dropped into the kernel debugger which Slime
apparently doesn't know how to deal with.

So I'm just wondering if this is the intended/desired behavior (i.e.
dropping into a kernel debugger for this type of problem) or should
OpenMCL catch this and drop to the normal debugger?

Here's the error if it matters:
Unhandled exception 11 at 0x8cc5a58, context->regs at #xf0a9c3a8
Read operation to unmapped address 0x2
  While executing: #<Function -[BrowseTableView
tableView:objectValueForTableColumn:row:] #x08cc5b26>

A related question: I'm still having problems getting my code running
and was wondering if anyone has a good (relatively simple) example of
using an NSTableView in OpenMCL?  I've been looking at the
cocoa-inspector code but am still not understanding what is missing in
my code.