[Openmcl-devel] questions on openmcl re 64 bit PPC, asdf-install, etc.

James Bielman jamesjb at jamesjb.com
Fri Apr 28 15:58:22 PDT 2006

[Whoops, I meant to include the list in my reply too:]

Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> writes:

> On asdf-install, according to CLIKI, it has supposedly been part of
> openmcl since 0.14.  However neither 32 bit PPC 1.0 or the 64 bit
> beta seem to admit to having it.   On CLIKI there is a pointer to a
> cvs.sourceforge  repository for getting this.  Alas the link seems to
> no longer work.   How are people getting asdf-install working?   Am I
> missing something?

Try adding:

(push "ccl:tools;asdf-install;" asdf:*central-registry*)

to ~/openmcl-init.lisp, then (require :asdf-install) should work.

> Last question is that I have seen recent reports that uffi is now
> broken around 1.0.  Is this true?  If it is it will be a bit of a
> problem to getting clsql up as is needed for my current project.

I've used CLSQL on OpenMCL lately and haven't ran into any problems,
but you may need to fiddle with the Makefiles to get the shared
library glue to compile in 64-bit mode.

James