[Openmcl-devel] Preferred Dev Env for OpenMCL

Erik Pearson erik at adaptations.com
Tue Aug 15 10:11:51 PDT 2006

I prefer to just edit in emacs (with whatever lisp mode works for
you) and compile/debug in a plain terminal window. I've not tried
slime for a while, but last time I did I just ended up in all sorts
of trouble. Turned my emacs from a rock solid workhorse to a
tempestuous  terror. I don't quite remember where I got this version
of emacs (other than versiontracker), but it is version 22.0.50.1
from 2005-5-8 and works great. I found aquaemacs cool at first, but
it drove me crazy after a while.

I just about only build with asdf, and have a few little shorthand
functions for making life on the command line a bit easier. Yeah, and
sometimes I need another terminal window open to kill openmcl if it
gets out of whack (e.g., when I'm building and testing a server app
with threads.)

Erik.