[Openmcl-devel] with-autorelease-pool question

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Mon Aug 21 21:54:11 PDT 2006

Both the initial listener thread (e.g., the one created when the lisp
was started from the command-line/emacs/etc.) and any Cocoa listeners
that're created should have their own autorelease pools.  Temporary
(autoreleased) objects just collect in those pools, but there are
colon-commands that're supposed to allow you to manually clean things
up every now and then.  (I don't remember exactly what the commands
are, but doing :? from a REPL in the Cocoa environment should show
you.)