[Openmcl-devel] Events, Windows, and OpenMCL

Brent Fulgham bfulg at pacbell.net
Mon Dec 11 00:53:52 PST 2006

One last question for the night:

Is there an easy way to test that the "windowRef" returned for a
Cocoa window is valid?  According to "http://developer.apple.com/
documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/CarbonCocoaDoc/Articles/
CarbonCocoaComm.html" the windowref in a Cocoa application should be
a valid Carbon reference.  However, this doesn't seem to work.

If I do something like:
?(require 'cocoa)

... lots of stuff ...

? (defvar *A* (ccl::new-cocoa-window))
*A*
? (defvar *B* (ccl::send *A* 'window-ref))
*B*
? *A*
#<NS-WINDOW <NSWindow: 0x3a6cb0> (#x3A6CB0)>
? *B*
#<NS-OBJECT <NSCFType: 0x3ad950> (#x3AD950)>
? (defvar *C* (ccl::%get-ptr *B*))
*C*
? *C*
#<A Mac Pointer #xA07C35C0>

I don't think the NS-OBJECT returned is what I want, because calling
various Carbon-based things don't seem to do anything.

? (#_HideWindow *C*)
NIL

Does not hide the window.

? (#_MoveWindow *C* 100 200)