[Openmcl-devel] save-application questions.

David Tolpin dvd at davidashen.net
Wed Feb 15 07:00:24 PST 2006

> The reason I end up using openmcl over another lisp is because openmcl
> is often much faster. Its hard to beat the code it generates on a
> powerpc.

Oddly enough, the main problem for me with OpenMCL is that it produces
very slow code, compared to either Lispworks and CMUCL, and runs as slow
as CLISP, which does not produce native call at all, and even slower.

I don't know what the cause is, seems like slow structure accessors or
garbage collection, or file reading routines -- I need to re-profile it.
But the fact is that for two last projects openmcl is very slow. Both are
algorithmically heavy batch applications.

David