[Openmcl-devel] compute-applicable-methods-using-classes

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Sat Feb 18 14:10:07 PST 2006

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006, Marco Baringer wrote:

> this symbol is exported from openmcl-mop but isn't implmented. i cooked
> up a quick and dirty implementation in just a few minutes, is there a
> reason this method doesn't exist? is my quick implementian (based on a
> brutal cut 'n paste of %method-applicable-p and
> %compute-applicable-methods*) missing something major?

Generic functions don't actually call
COMPUTE-APPLICABLE-METHODS-[USING-CLASSES] (most of section 5.5.5 "Generic
Function Invocation Protocol" doesn't work in a MOP-compliant (extensible)
way.

The primary COMPUTE-APPLICABLE-METHODS method has been around so that
you can see what the lower-level gunk would decide is applicable, and
it'd be good if COMPUTE-APPLICABLE-METHODS-USING-CLASSES's primary
method existed for the same reason.  (I don't know why it doesn't
already exist ...)