[Openmcl-devel] problems compiling CLOCC

Kevin Y. Kim (Lists) kykim_lists at mac.com
Thu Feb 23 07:49:17 PST 2006

I'm trying to compile CLOCC, and have noticed a few interesting errors.
One I can work around; the other I don't know enough Lisp :-)

First, I got this error:

Reader error on stream #<FILE-CHARACTER-INPUT-STREAM ("clocc/src/
cllib/log.lisp"/8) #x8604C5E>:
Undefined character #\, in a #\# dispatch macro.
    [Condition of type CCL::SIMPLE-READER-ERROR]

The offending function is this:

(defun time-diff (end beg)
   "Compute the time (in seconds) between the two given internal
timestamps."
   (declare (type real end beg)) ; values of LINEAR in ETA are not
integer
   (/ (- end beg)
      ;; CLISP compiled files are cross-platform,
      ;; so this value must be fixed at load time, not at read time
      #+clisp #,(dfloat internal-time-units-per-second)
      #-clisp #.(dfloat internal-time-units-per-second)))

Simple enough to fix, i just commented out the line beginning with "#
+clisp".
But I was wondering, shouldn't the compiler know to ignore the rest
of the line
since the "#+clisp" will evaluate to nil?

Second, after fixing the above, I got this:

While compiling an anonymous function :
Type (24616 :DOUBLE-FLOAT-VECTOR) not supported on target :PPC32
    [Condition of type CCL::COMPILE-TIME-PROGRAM-ERROR]

in the file stat.lisp.  I think the first function is the culprit,
but I'm not sure.
(It's rather long, so I haven't included it).  I guess I understand
the error - PPC32
doesn't support DOUBLE-FLOAT-VECTOR.  Can someone explain why, and
how I might work around
this?

Thanks
-kevin