[Openmcl-devel] loading image file via quicktime

Kaveh Kardan kaveh at hawaii.edu
Fri Jun 2 20:20:32 PDT 2006

I am calling a C++ framework for doing OpenGL rendering from within
OpenMCL, and it seems everything except image loading (via Quicktime)
is working.

The code loads a jpeg file, via a call to
GetGraphicsImporterForDataRef().  The error is:

-2003 cantFindHandler

which seems to indicate that the jpeg format is not being
recognized.  The same thing happens with all the texture formats I've
tried (png, tga).

These all work fine when the framework is used within a C++ Carbon
app, as opposed to being loaded as a framework into OpenMCL.

Is there some other library I need to load manually?  The following
did not have any effect:

(open-shared-library "/System/Library/Frameworks/QuickTime.framework/
QuickTime")

Regards,

Kaveh

Kaveh Kardan                 Chief Technologist
kaveh at hawaii.edu             Academy for Creative Media
(808)956-5302                University of Hawaii